Eat this not that? Now what?? After a lifetime of fad diets andhealth pursuits can leave you confused and distrusting your body.If you are at diet rock bottom and want to relearn how to trustyour body and get off the crazy diet train, this episode is foryou!
Subscribe and leave areview here in just seconds.
- Mind and body connections promote health yet when our mind istoo active it can keep us from our own innate wisdom for health.Get better attuned by sitting with the curiosity.
- Society's body size standards for women make it tough to trustyour body.
- Big bodies ARE acceptable even though you may get anothermessage from your family, friends, society, and culture.
- Flexibility, nonjudgmental approaches, permission are the wayto further attune to the body, improve body image, and cultivatetrust.
- Mindful eating = compassionate curiosity without judgment. Ifone eats past fullness that doesn't mean you're doing itwrong.
- Internal vs. external dialogues are key.
- Imagine breathing through a drinking straw for awhile...whenable to breath normally will need to gasp for air. Diets are likethe straw and your eating is like our breathing. It's not yourfault you're gasping for air and not your fault when we feelobsessed with food around diets. Blame the diets and straws instead;-)
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I wantto help! Send your Dear Food letter toLoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.
Clickhere to leave me a review in iTunes and subscribe. Thistype of kindness helps the show continue!
Thank you for listening to the Love, Food series. Give mefeedback via Twitter @EatingPermitRD.