Have you ALWAYS had a complicated relationship with food? Did you learn at an early age how to cope with your emotions using food and cannot imagine living a life with food peace? This episode is for you! Julie and her guest Christy Harrison from the podcast Food Psych discuss possible solutions.
Subscribe and leave a review here in just seconds.
- You are NOT too damaged to heal your relationship with food.
- Remember and appreciate the functionality of food bringing a way to cope with chaos and trauma.
- Appreciate the subtle hungers.
- Humans are adaptive.
- Find professionals who are body positive, understand eating disorders, and a trauma specialist.
- Food may be like a security blanket. Before yanking it away, be curious about why the coping mechanism is there...that's where the healing begins.
- Self compassion is the foundation for food peace.
- Your cravings for disordered eating may be from an unmet need. What was just happening? What do I really need?
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.
Click here to leave me a review in iTunes and subscribe. This type of kindness helps the show continue!
Thank you for listening to the Love, Food series. Give me feedback via Twitter @EatingPermitRD.