Did you grow up living without consistent access to food caused by poverty and/or constant dieting?? Are you super successful in every area of life yet can't stop eating? It's not you, it's something else. Listen now for the details and hear from the fabulous Emily Fonnesbeck RD.
Subscribe and leave a review here in just seconds.
- Get your Food Peace Syllabus signing up for my FREE Food peace Newsletter. Link below.
- Food insecurity causes many people to binge eat, hoard food, and feel obsessed with food. Not a cop out. Legitimate cause of urges to binge and feeling unable to stop eating.
- Childhood food patterns influence adult behaviors.
- Takes courage to peal back the darkness.
- First steps to work toward healing:
- Food is symbolic. Wonder what food represents missed during childhood? Be that for herself. Validate have wants and needs.
- Appreciate how much deprivation contributes to bingeing, feeling unable to stop eating. It's a physiologically programed response.
- Want to heal your relationship with food? Stop pursuing weight loss or will continue to feel like can't stop eating.
- It wasn't your fault you keep eating. Your body was/is trying to save you. Your not broken, needing to be fixed. Kick that shame to the curb!!
- Make room for the feeling without feeling shame for it being there.
- Compassionate curiosity is the foundation for food peace.
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.
Click here to leave me a review in iTunes and subscribe. This type of kindness helps the show continue!
Thank you for listening to the Love, Food series. Give me feedback via Twitter @EatingPermitRD.