Try Intuitive Eating and just experienced a crash and burn? Don't give up. Julie discusses ways that may help you experience peace with food with Dr. Dawn Clifford. Listen now for insight.
Subscribe and leave a review here in just seconds.
- "That big hunk of metal gets way more power than it deserves." Reba Sloan
- IE is meant to help one heal their relationship with food not as a weight loss tool.
- Can you have a peaceful relationship with food with weight loss as a goal?
- Taking the scale out of your home can be an important step in your journey to making peace with food. Can make steps gradually to checking less or burn it!
- Think small steps to help get back on track with intuitive eating. Try to avoid "all or nothing" and appreciate you don't have to be all in.
- Intuitive eating can easily be interpreted in a black and white way just like diets.
- Motivational interviewing
- What drove you to step on the scale?
- Where do you stand in your body image?
- Everyone's needs are different.
- Satter Eating Competence Model
- Eating attitudes (whether or not having positive eating experiences....important!)
- Food acceptance (picky eating)
- Internal regulation (hunger, fullness, satiety)
- Contextual skills (planning, preparing, grocery shopping, cooking)
- Pivot to enhance eating competence before easing back into Intuitive Eating
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.
Click here to leave me a review in iTunes and subscribe. This type of kindness helps the show continue!
Thank you for listening to the Love, Food series. Give me feedback via Twitter @EatingPermitRD.